Fishing Lake Chelan


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Chelan
May 23rd 2011
Published: June 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Driving along the Columbia River staring at the white-capped peaks of the Cascade mountains was a beautiful way to start the morning. I met Joe at the launch by 6:30 and we were fishing by 7. It was a slow start for the first 2 hours, but I enjoyed taking in the scenery, learning how Lake Chelan was formed, and hearing Joe's story. Nearly 2 hours into our trip, we finally got a bite and I landed what ended up being the biggest fish of the day - 7 1/2 lbs. We caught a total of 9 and kept 7. I gave one to Joe, packed up 4 to take with me to Holden, and Joe will smoke the other 2 and have them ready for me to pick up on Memorial Day.

After the adrenaline wore off I fell asleep at the Holden B&B by 7:45 pm. What a day!

Thank you dear Lord for the joy of fishing, the beauty and wonder of your creation, and for friendly people like Joe. Amen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



3rd June 2011

I could be jealous.
We're sweatin' with 90 degrees in A'ville this week, while you're all bundled up for snow and the cold pacific. Great pics! Looking forward to reading about the adventures. Hoping they were all carefree and peaceful.
26th June 2011

Optical Illusion
Had this photo analyzed. Seems to be there is an optical illusion at work and the fish is actually only 10 inches. ;-) Hope you're getting much deserved rest and relaxation...

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb