Day11-Library of Congress


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


The best part about this day was that i got my reading library card made at the world largest library.



The United States Capitol, atop Capitol Hill at the eastern end of theNational Mall in Washington, D.C., is the seat of the United States Congress, the legislative branch of the U.S. federal government. Though not at the geographic center of the Federal District, the Capitol is the origin point at which the the District's four quadrants meet, and around which the city was laid out.



The Library of Congress is the research library that officially serves theUnited States Congress, but which is the de facto national library of the United States.



The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (USHMM) is the United States' official memorial to the Holocaust. Adjacent to the National Mall inWashington, D.C., the USHMM provides for the documentation, study, and interpretation of Holocaust history.



These buildings represent what america wants to symbolize themselves as. I observed that they like to associate a lot with liberty and being a free country. But still any one would agree that they have the most rules in the whole world.



After visiting the United States Capitol, Library of Congress and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum my feet was hurting because of all the walking so i went straight to bed after grabing a quick dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb