Williamsburg, VA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Williamsburg
December 2nd 2005
Published: December 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Williamsburg CapitolWilliamsburg CapitolWilliamsburg Capitol

Twilight at Colonial Williamsburg, VA.
We are among those travelers who caught on to TravelBlog through the recent New York Times feature. We are "on the road" bringing our 34 ft. motor home to its "winter home" in Fort Myers, Florida from Mohawk Valley Marina in Schenectady, NY. We are very new to RV-ing and are having fun learning the ropes. Our first night out was spend "dry camping" at a Flying J (truck stop) in Pennsylvania. We have found this to be a very secure, effiicient, and economical way to overnight en route. We are now at an RV park near Williamsburg, VA for two nights. Tonight we had a candle light dinner (absolutely no electric lights) at the Kings Arms in Colonial Williamsburg. The food was wonderful and the service was exceptional. Entertainers in period costume included a young man singing a farewell song, "The Parting Glass." It's a poignant song that we last heard Kevin McKrell sing at the Parting Glass in Saratoga Springs. Aften dinner we walked to Chowning's for drinks and games. Our server, the lively Molly, taught us a dice game that we played with an interesting couple from Pennsylvania who joined our table.

Advertisement



2nd January 2008

Same server, same game
We too were at the Chowning tavern and had Molly teach us a dice game. I am trying to remember the name of the game and how to play it. (My travel journal from that trip was lost in a move) Do you, or anyone else, remember how to play it?
29th March 2008

Dice Game
WE too learned a dice game at Chowning's and although contacting them is of no use, we're trying to remember how to play it! Please help!

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb