Camping Trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Warrenton
January 22nd 2016
Published: January 22nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

After visiting far and near and finding back our way to home, I thought now is the time to pay attention to our local places and that meant going on a camping trip anywhere within Virginia and exploring all the amazing places we have seen and heard about nearby and mark our presence there. So, we decided to start from far corner of the map and the first destination was designated to be Evangola State park towards east of Lake Erie.

While travelling there, we called onsite camping office to make a reservation and were told that they don't take same day reserve for same days but our calculation were quite helpful along with tids and bits of information we have heard over that we will find some grounds to stay over night so making our bets we kept pressing on and pulled up at camp office where we found out everything we needed to know on the map pinpointing areas with no power requiring tents and that went quite smoothly. We just had to take over a pitch and get it registered the next day and there were parking places relating with those of pitches and every pitch had a grill and fire place.

As we were settling ourselves down, we came across a couple and a group of friends making a three months riding trip which quite amazing in itself. We went on to cycling after setting tent and were back before dinner time where we divided into a group to set dinner and other to set a fire which when finished with quite good looking and ever better feeling giving us a delightful time to eat. It was all very good except the train that seemed to make all their moves at night which felt strikingly out of contrast with the environment but I always keep a pair of ear plugs with me for such cases. The next morning we had breakfast at lake and it was beautiful as expected to me and then got ready to leave and cleared our things up with camp office.

The next stop we made was at Price Gallitzin State Park and there again was not many people around so we found a spot of our pick near the lake and set on to find some food, we planned to have dinner at a nearby place but instead brought food to our camp and leisurely enjoyed some smoked sausages, bread and crab cream cheese which was a different choice than barbecue or what we had packed so even that felt good. Before leaving we spent some time at lake and there we say wonderful movements of fishes on the surface which meant at our next stop we were going to have fresh water fish which we will luckily catch.

The last stop was that of Burke Lake in Virginia and near our final stop that is home at Alexandria city. After arriving, we once again went through the similar process of settling down by checking in office, selecting a pitch and we selected the one where pitching a tent would be easier considering the hard looking ground and it as grand with parking place, picnic table, fire pit and a separate BBQ. We lazed around a bit, had lunch and listened to some music and lit a fire at nightfall, prepared dinner and had some some perfect snacks ready including marshmallows, crackers and Hershey Bars. The next morning we spent according to our own preferences and then went for fishing and find enough fishes to provide for our dinner and the next day we went on to explore the fitness trail, cycle path and even boating. Since this one has the most facilities to offer, we stayed here longer got ourselves fully rewound before going back and getting back to the buildings and noise and work and I was anticipating an early night to take on a new start but it changed when my friend from Warrenton training Centre asked me out for a drink after coming to the town and I had no choice but to join him but later it felt like a commendable ending with a perfect beginning to normal life.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb