Wineries, Cookies and Things


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Leesburg
March 30th 2010
Published: March 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I used to live in upstate New York near the Finger Lakes region and never went to any of the Wineries. However, I did not miss taste testing the wines at the local wine shops. My wife and I now live in Northern Virginia and had the opportunity to visit a Winery in Leesburg, VA. The Northern Virginia wine trail made it difficult to choose due to the many choices. I did some looking on the internet and came across Willowcroft Farm Vineyards. We particularly liked this one because the setting includes an old Farm with gorgeous views of the Shenandoah mountains. Some wineries are very commercialized. Willowcroft produces red, white and rose wines that are a feast for the senses. You can do event taste testing which includes other featured wines for about 9 dollars or you can do the free taste testing of the Willowcroft wines, but it can get crowded. We chose the event taste testing and eventually bought a bottle to enjoy outside the barn looking at the spectacular views. Later, we stopped by an old bakery called Mom's Apple Pie Bakery in Leesburg. The very small building looked like an old stone house. They had the most scrumptious homemade pies, breads and cookies you could imagine. You definitely get the feeling that Mom baked everything. We ended up buying cookies and bread that we had to finish before we even left the place. I couldn't remember the name of the cookies but I do remember the white powder all over my shirt.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb