5 weeks to go


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont » Burlington
July 25th 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

About 5 more weeks to go. Found a tenant for the house and I have started cleaning out old clothes and slowly moving personal belongings to the basement where they will live for the next 9 months. Still trying to figure out round-the-world tickets, not as easy and not as inexpensive as we thought. Karen has requested a sabbatical from work, so keeping fingers crossed this will be approved. We just finished a weekend retreat at Kripalu Yoga Institute in the Berkshires finding balance and learning about each other and ourselves. Announced my leaving at work this week which was received with feelings anywhere from surprise to no comment at all! Shopped for backpacks and am starting to lean towards a travelpack with shoulderstraps versus an all-out backpack that loads only from the top - we will not be carrying tents and sleeping bags, nor really be backpacking a lot. Next few weeks will be busy with wrapping up at work and preparing the house, not to mention all the details involved with leaving home for a good part of a year.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb