Garland Labor Day Parade


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Garland
September 1st 2014
Published: September 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

9/1/2014



I went to the Garland Labor Day Parade today. It is a great small town parade because most of the parade entries are kids from local schools. I felt sorry for the kids this year because it was so hot. I was in the middle of the parade route and there were huge gaps between some of the entries because most of the people were walking in the parade. It started at 9 and finally ended about 11. The first big gap was caused by the Libertarian Party candidate for governor. She was walking the parade route all dressed up and wearing high heels. I was not able to get a picture of her. She was so tired and was trying not to show it. She wasn't smiling at all.



This year was great for people watching. Before the parade started, two dads and several kids were in the street playing touch football. All the people waiting for the parade to start joined in on cheering them on and refereeing. During a gap in the parade, a little boy about 1 ran out into the street and started running up and down while his dad was chasing him. Everyone started cheering for him. He was so cute. Then, there was this guy that was hollering out to all the parade entries trying to encourage them. He was so funny. Three ladies about my age came over and sat next to me. They keep me laughing cracking jokes.



I came home for a couple hours after the parade to do chores and cool off, then headed back out to downtown Garland. They were having a car show. There were a few nice old cars there. The old downtown cinema was also open and had different people performing. There was a little boy that was on stage singing when I went in to cool off. He was funny to watch. He put so much action into the songs he was singing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb