Fredricksburg - Hill Country & LBJ Ranch


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Fredericksburg
February 9th 2017
Published: March 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I drove from San Marcos to Fredricksburg, Texas. It was an amazing drive through the hill country of Texas. I had always heard about the hill country but did not realize how hilly it really is and how pretty the drive was. Fredricksburg is the home of the National Museum of the Pacific War and several blocks of historic buildings. I toured the Pioneer Museum which was very interesting and learned about Sunday Houses which people used when they would come in from their farms to attend church on Sunday.

About 10 miles out of Fredricksburg is a place called Enchanted Rock State Park. It is a massive dome of pink granite and has a lot of Native American lore associated with it. It is a popular place for hiking and rock climbing. It is impressive to see.

About 15 miles from Fredricksburg is the historic Texas White House or Lyndon B. Johnson's Ranch. You drive into the ranch and then take a guided tour of the house while learning about President Johnson and Ladybird's life at the ranch. On the drive in you pass the Johnson family cemetery, the birthplace of LBJ and his grandparents house.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb