BBORR


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Fort Stockton
April 24th 2010
Published: April 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Temps in Fort Stockton plenty hot this coming week ranging from 79 today to 89 this coming Wed.
The BBOOR takes place today , starting in less than an hour from now.
BBOOR is the Big Bend Open Road Race. This road race is one of 4 similar events held in US each year.
Highway 285 from Fort Stockton to Sanderson will be closed til the race is over. If you enter you need to pass a training course. We walked around and viewed all the cars on display yesterday. There were over 100. That was from 4 til 5:30. This was followed by a parade of the cars on the main road here in Fort Stockton. The drivers and the navigators threw gum during the parade and kids scrambled to pick these up! A fun time for all. All cars will start the race at staggered times. The race has 2 timed portions, north and south. There are 5 classes:Street Rod, Touring, Grand Touring,Grand Sport, and Super Sport.
Today some of the drivers left our motel in their cars by 5:30 am; guess their adrenolin was pumping!
They have to go thru a tech check and must pass it before they can start today. We'll head to the start area soon to watch some racers and hear the roar of those fired up engines. The drivers have windy driving conditions today, 25 -35 m.p.h.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1134s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb