The next big step


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dripping Springs
February 9th 2012
Published: February 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The new pad!The new pad!The new pad!

A brand new home built by Mom and Dad's new friend, Randy Lawrence. A stand-up guy who offered his services if anything needs attention. Ever.
HI Y'ALLS.Closing completed. All went well.


Had electric service and water service changed to our names.

Looks like we're official residents of Texas!

Will call the mover this afternoon to get our furniture here.

Y'alls come on down.



Kathy and Lindsay - When Debora left us this afternoon she said she was headed back to her office to get some work done on "your" house. Hope all goes well. Let us know.

Will keep in touch.





Leslie here: I was fortunate enough to
Easiest closing everEasiest closing everEasiest closing ever

Mom and Dad were all smiles at the closing. Their report was that everyone seemed relaxed and comfortable and well-versed in their business.
be present when Mom and Dad did a final walk-through and closing today. I want to report that we all had a really good time! Randy (the builder) and Brad (his assistant) were both so pleasant and knowledgable that it almost made the prospect of handing over a really huge check almost painless.







Randy's mom (Beverly) was present since she actually owns the building company as well as Jan (the title company agent) and both were so down-to-earth and genuine that it was impossible not to like them. Not to mention the pre-closing discussion of that delectible dish menudo during which Debora pronounced the word intestine as if it were in-tess-TYNE. We had a great time.







Mom remarked at how different the closing here was from the closing in Massachusetts, where instead of a title company there are two lawyers battling it out with the two parties at the table until a deal is finally hashed out. Just another reason the state slogan of Texas is "Friendship". Turns out it's actually not "Howdy" as I previously submitted at a local Trivia Night. Hmmm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

This is it!This is it!
This is it!

Their gorgeous brand new home in the fine community of Dripping Springs, Tx.
Light me up!Light me up!
Light me up!

Michael tests out the hearth at the new home.


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb