Number 19 Retirement Flight


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
August 20th 2014
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 32.778, -96.7956

Good morning. I thought I would write my monthly note to y'all and just recap our time in Germany. When it became apparent that we were still in the States and could possibly fly over to Frankfurt and return on Scott Russell's last flight, we talked it through and realized that this was one of those time where we had to jump to the opportunity. There have been things that we have chosen not to do, and we have regretted it, so going on that premises', we decided to fly over to Frankfurt on August 20 and return on August 28, Scott's final flight before he retired. (It was Karen's suggestion that we go and spend some time over there, otherwise, I was just thinking of flying over on Wed & return Friday.

Wednesday, August 20 We flew over to Frankfurt on Wednesday afternoon. We both flew Business class. Once we got airport, Captain Russell welcomed all the passengers on the plane and then said "On board, I have my lovely wife, Barbara who is flying with us, and then our dear friends Judy and Glenn are on board too!" And of course we had a delicious First Class meal followed by hot fudge sundae! Yum.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



19th November 2014

Cool! He gave you a shout out! How'd you manage business class?! You guys know how to travel right.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb