Dallas, TX


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
October 1st 2006
Published: October 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

So have now made it to Dallas...an interesting place! To start of its about 90 degrees, abit of a change from Alaska! We venured into the main part of the city yesterday and managed to see about 20 people! Turns out the Texas State Fair has just started and all residence of Dallas have headed to it!!
It has some really great sculptures around the city including 40 steel cattle stampeding down a hill! We can also see the builidng where JFK was shot from our hotel and was given a little tour around the 'famous' spots! It is quite interesting but also quite sad!
There also appears to be a lot more beggars here then we have incountered in other US cities and they seen to have taken a shine to Neil. For some reason they seem to be respectful to the women and don't ask them which is fine by me! But Neil is getting hounded where ever we go. I like to think he is getting in practise for South America and India.

So Dalla is an interesting place and probably not a city we will be rushing back too! Bring on South America!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb