Day 25 - Flight to Dallas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
December 29th 2005
Published: January 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a brief flight to Dallas we passed through customs quickly, after being fingerprinted and photographed for the amusement of American immigration. Met up with Theo and his wife Vivienne at the airport. I went to University in Manchester at UMIST with Theo over 13 years ago! He's been living in the States and I haven't seen him or his family for over 8 years. It certainly didn't seem like that long once we'd met up again. We drove to Theo's house in Plano, which is just north of Dallas, where we were to stay for the next week. It's a fantastic house with a pool and loads of rooms, something we don't get in England unless you're spending millions. Apparently the neighbours included the rich and famous, although we felt a bit paranoid after Theo explained we may get shot if we walked upto someone's house. Thanks Theo! ;-) Met up with the 'kids' who were no longer the children I knew so long ago but were young adults who had been to school in the States for many years, each with a varying degree of an American accent. Also met Louise's little youngster called Asher who was to be a source of fun and amusement. Hi to Louise, Anthony, David and Mark, and of course, Asher! That night we sat outside around the pool and got very drunk on large 3 litre bottles of California wine. This was to be a nightly ritual :*)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 91; dbt: 0.0863s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb