Dallas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
December 1st 2006
Published: December 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Im way behind on these blogs...sorry.

11/26/2006 4:24 PM

Finally made it to the club in Dallas after working our way through a couple of road closed detours. The show went well after ironing out some sound issues. There were only two bands on the bill. Everyone knew the promoter from past tours so things went smoothly. We had a moderate crowd and decent merch sales. The owner of the club was from Australia and I spent some time talking to her about platypus after she heckled Martin about Australia beating England in cricket last year.

I think the most exciting thing about the show was the smoke machine setting off the fire alarm in the club about a quarter of the way through Attrition’s set. Three fire trucks and the fire chief pulled up and they shut off the alarm. The smoke, however, continued to set them off. One of the staff had to sit at the fire panel with the door open and keep pushing the reset button every minute or so. Once we found out that someone had to keep doing that Brian pulled the power on the smoke machine.

As we loaded the bus we chatted with some folks from the audience and explained the grease system on the Nebuchadnezzar. Over all it was pretty uneventful which I think is better than random bad surprises.

This morning we woke up at a rest area in Texas and had breakfast at an IHOP. Currently we are moving back down 35-W on our way to San Antonio. I’ve gotten a few text messages and phone calls from friends. It’s nice to talk to different people for a bit. It kind of makes time go faster.

I believe we are again behind schedule due to traffic accidents. We have passed 4 major accidents since Dallas. Three car accidents and a semi rollover/accident with about 6 cops, a crane, ambulances and the Haz-Mat team. The road was at nearly a stop for about 2 hours. After clearing the accident we pulled over to use the restrooms and bought Martin some ‘novelties’ from the vending machine in the mens room. I started to watch a Mystic River on my laptop until Brian decided that the need to play Slayer full blast in the traffic was a must.

I’m hoping there will be some internet where we are playing tonight. I’ve been writing my blogs in Word while on the bus and posting them later. I’m getting behind.


Advertisement



1st December 2006

rock roll aint Noise pollotion its air....
To funny, and they think we dont know how to drive in WI or MN...Ho ho ho merry, X mas...
1st December 2006

Enjoy the warmth
It's frigid here. You missed a nice thunderstorm on Tuesday morning. That brought the cold with it. It's currently 23.

Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb