5 Reasons Why Dallas Must Be On Your Travel List


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
January 1st 2020
Published: January 1st 2020
Edit Blog Post

If you're planning a trip to Dallas, you’re in for an amazing experience. You can visit lakes, aquariums, zoos, gardens and world-famous restaurants, among other amazing attractions. Whether you’re visiting as a couple or as a family, there’s a lot to do in and around the city. The five tourist attractions listed below are all reasons why Dallas should be on your list of places to visit.


1. Six Flags Over Texas

There are many cities around the world where you'll find a Six Flags park, but none of them are quite like Six Flags Over Texas. This is actually the first Six Flags ever launched and it’s located just 15 miles from Dallas. If you have kids, they'll be excited about riding the large roller coasters, such as the Texas SkyScreamer, Titan and 325 feet tall Superman: Tower of Power. There are also rides for smaller children and a water park nearby.


2. Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden

Visiting the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden isn’t just fun for horticulturists, it’s fun for everyone. There is a beauty that surpasses anything you can imagine. This garden is 66 acres and a go-to destination for tourists from all around the world. There are a total of 19 gardens where you’ll find just about every type of flower and plant that has ever existed. There are beautiful gardens throughout the year where you’ll find azaleas, tulips, roses and many other flowers. If you enjoy spending time outdoors, you’ll love having lunch on the manicured grounds.


3. Dallas Zoo

You have options when it comes to visiting a zoo. There is one located in Dallas and in Fort Worth, just outside of Dallas. You can expect to find many of the exhibits found in most zoos. However, you can also enjoy an exhibit that’s inspired by Africa where you’ll see lions, elephants and giraffes. If you’ve been wanting to participate in a safari and haven’t quite made it to the African continent, you’ll enjoy the Dallas Zoo. In fact, you can even feed some of the animals. You’ll have a chance to see chimpanzees, hippos, African birds and crocodiles at both the Dallas and Fort Worth zoo.


4. Dallas World Aquarium

If you would like a chance to see a wide variety of fish and other aquatic life, the Dallas World Aquarium is the place to go. It offers a beautiful display of colorful Indo-Pacific fish, seahorses and coral. You’ll also find penguins and tropical birds, which are favorites of many tourists. Another reason why both tourists and locals flock to the Dallas World Aquarium is because of the Orinoco rainforest and the Mundo Maya exhibit. If you like variety, this is the place to visit because you’ll get to see rattlesnakes, boa constrictors, crocodiles, stingrays and sharks.


5. State Fair of Texas

The State Fair of Texas occurs in September and October. It’s a time of year where football reigns supreme and you have more than three weeks to enjoy everything a fair has to offer. This includes a rodeo, concerts, car shows, arcades and funnel cake. When it comes to fairs, this is the best of the best.



These are all reasons why many tourists visit Dallas and never want to leave. If you find yourself falling in love with the city and you want to make it your home, the Suddath Dallas long distance moving company can help to facilitate your move with ease.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb