The Night Sky in Full Swing


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dalhart
August 20th 2011
Published: October 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

It starts with a clear blue sky and a burnt orange sunrise. Wind in the morning and a small puffy white cloud. Slowly, more puffy white clouds appear and then they seem to join up. By about 4.00 o'clock in the afternoon the sky is filled with lots of huge white clouds with flat black undersides. The rain that falls from these mosterous clouds is isolated and sometimes doesn't even reach the ground due to the heat in the air. When it does make to the ground the rain is torrential. So the sunset is partially blocked by a thundestorm delivering it's liquid gold or a huge cloud with a thunderstorm in the making.
By night fall the lightening display is amazing. I see lightening (white and pink) of all shapes and sizes exploding down from the clouds and connecting with the earth. I see lightening bursting upwards to meet the lightening bolt in the clouds. I see horizontal lightening as well as sheet flashes. Sometimes the bolt is a little close for comfort or so it appears. The power of mother nature can be seen, felt and heard. The spectecale is amazing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb