End a beatiful trip only to plan another


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin
July 18th 2006
Published: July 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Inside the World of CokeInside the World of CokeInside the World of Coke

We got some crazy lady to take our picture. 35 Different drinks that coke makes at our fingertips, and I like the real thing baby.
Today I got back from seeing 1/4 of the Southeastern US. A road trip for a Trey, Mike w/ the Duo show, twice. Blake and I started out last Friday headed East across LA, MO, AL, and finally to GA. Quite a long journey covered in Kudzoo. The plant grows the entire length of the road from Louisianna to Georgia. It's everywhere, taking over the south. We drove and drove and drove to get to Birmingham, one capital, only to keep going to a second, Atlanta. The Capital of Georgia is a pretty city, but the roads are confusing as everything. We stayed there overnight to go to a Trey Anastasio, Mike Gordon and the Benevento Russo Duo show at this outdoor auditorium. The show was great, although we were a little far back from the stage. We eventually made our way south and jammed out the remainder of the evening.
Next day included a very pretty drive from Atlanta to Nashville. This could possibly be the most densly wooded, hilly, green areas in the country. Or maybe it was the available light. Either way, I was glad I got to drive that leg of the trip. Nashville is a sweet town. Much like Austin, it's got a great music scene and plenty of nice people. I really don't like huge cities much, I can only stay so long before I crave grass instead of concrete and trees instead of buildings. The Trey show was even better this evening in particular because we were in a much smaller venue and the sound was great for rocking out. We had too much to drink and enjoyed every bit of it.
Exhausted from our drive, we went to sleep only to wake up and have to drive back to Austin. It might have taken 16 hours. probably closer to 12, cause we stopped in Memphis with the intention of seeing Graceland, but we settled on Beale Street instead. A historic area of the city, Beale Street is a place where Martin Luther King JR. marched, Elvis played, and BB King houses his shop of memorobilia. This is a historic drive.
We got back to Austin last night around 1: 30 am, neither of us could possibly sleep because of caffeine, so we just laid there watching tv until the drift of sleepiness breathed itself our direction.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Underground AtlantaUnderground Atlanta
Underground Atlanta

Blake takes a picture of me infront of a sweet waterfountain
Atlanta's Capital Atlanta's Capital
Atlanta's Capital

the gold building in the background, I love the way their capital is shiny.. ours may be the tallest in the country, but theirs is pretty cool too
Ryman AuditoriumRyman Auditorium
Ryman Auditorium

The second concert's venue. Trey and Mike with the Duo. A sure good time
Broadway, NashvilleBroadway, Nashville
Broadway, Nashville

Quick bite to eat with a pretty sunset. With all the boys and me, except Blake. We begin our evening with a bang
Trey and MikeTrey and Mike
Trey and Mike

A duet of two great musicians


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb