Life in the Big Cities!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin
February 14th 2005
Published: February 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The Buckhorn Saloon, San AntonioThe Buckhorn Saloon, San AntonioThe Buckhorn Saloon, San Antonio

The Buckhorn is a couple of buildings away from the Majestic Theatre where the San Antonio Symphony played.
This is only the 2nd day we have seen the sun since we arrived in Texas.Jim and I have been busy however.

First we have explored the Hill Country, visiting LBJ's boyhood home,(we were too late to visit his ranch). We watched as art glass was made in Wimberley, and bicycled the Guadalupe River Valley. We happened on the river road accidently and rode most of it with no traffic at this time of year.

In San Antonio we rode the trolley all over town, had dinner at Landry's on the Riverwalk and attended the San Antonio Symphony. This was our Valentine's Day Celebration. The symphony is very good, (but not as good as the Pittsburgh!) The Majestic Theatre where they play is a part of the fun. It is very heavy, dark Spanish mission(mostly)and reminded us of a haunted house. We were wondering if bats were going to fly out of the scenery! Very different from light, bright Heinz Hall. ( Please support the PSO!)
We spent another day bicycling around the town of Sequin, and then driving into Austin to attend a concert of the Texas Early Music Project. This was in a church on the edge of the University of Texas. The whole concert was awesome Renaissance music from Spain. Extremely well done.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb