Nashville Here we Come Not Quite


Advertisement
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Second day - we started out early and actually listened to Agnes in how to get from Sidney Ohio to Nashville. By 8:30 we are rolling down I 65 listening to oldies and ignoring highway signs stating the road was closed. Well, all traffic abruptly stopped and we waited, did not move, for one hour. Bill decided to cross a grass medium to the other side of the highway going north - looking for a scenic route or any route.

As most of you know, my husband does not trust technology and so he ignored "Agnes" and instead asked two young men, found them in a deserted garage, for directions. They said sure follow us. And we then went through every back road in Alabama - not quite roads - Alabama is a beautiful state - very green with lots of horses. Eventually we ended up near the Mammoth Caves.
Now Agnes was programmed to go to a candle factory just north of Bowling Green. We finally got there - bought candles for Tonya - and proceeded to go to Bowling Green Alabama which is where we decided to stay. Somehow, I really don't know how - we ended up in Tennessee - by this time it was 4:30 and we were tired. Found a hotel and here we are. But...the power went off for about 5 hours, it is 90 degrees, no lights, no tv, no COFFEE until late in the evening. Did you know that Tennessee is on central time.?Agnes kept insisting that the time was one hour earlier and I kept changing it and it kept changing back. I can be such a loser, as you all know.

Today, Off to the Natchez Trace Parkway, hoping to get to Jackson Mississippi.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb