Cuenca Ecuador Here We Come!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Springfield
September 5th 2013
Published: September 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

As many of you know, after we got back home from our trip to Ecuador in December 2012, we really were not sure if the Lord was calling us to move there. So we did the best thing we can do and prayed. Mid-February we both felt that the Lord was NOT telling us NOT to go, so we proceeded with our plans to sell everything, including the house and go. We set our target date as September 4th to go, only because my Birthday is September 7th and I thought it would be great to be there for my birthday. As you can see we didn't make that target, but that is ok, we make plans and The Lord laughs.

It took us from January to April to become debt free (except the house) and until May 1st to get the house ready to put on the market. It was really hard to de-clutter 2000 square feet and work full time too.

In July we both retired, Roger for the 5th time and me the 3rd time; this will be our final time. We have a contingent offer on the house, where they have to sell their house before buying ours. We are praying that this couple is successful because we had been praying that God would sent the right couple to buy our home, when they walked into our home the wife stated that she "could feel the presence of The Lord in our house". We are to close on September 17th, but they have not sold their house, they are trying hard with a deep price reduction on their home. We are in the process of extending the offer with them until the end of October. Praying The Lord will sell their home.

So now we are just waiting, so we decided that we could wait in Ecuador just as well as here in Tennessee. SO WE ARE ON OUR WAY. Yeah!

We have hired a company, Ecuador Movers, that is helping us to get our Residency Visas before we leave the states and will help us with our Cedula (Ecuadorian ID card) once we are there. We have all our necessary legal paperwork for our Visas except for our FBI Background checks that should be here in a week.

We have rented a house in Cuenca, Ecuador, it is a cute 3 bedroom plus a study, 2 bath home with a yard for our dog Maggie, for $220.00 a month, no that is not a typo. Attached are pictures of the house.

We are so excited!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



17th September 2013

Are you for sure in Ecuador? OMG; I can\'t believe it. I see from your blog that the house is supposed to close today...is that happening? We are thrilled for you and know you are following your spiritual path. How fun; I love a new adventure. Miss you and love you both so much. Your house is adorable; you can get very comfortable there! Let me know how you are! Love, Donna

Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb