Gotta Have It: Nashville Hot Chicken


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
April 4th 2017
Published: May 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We made reasonable time to Nashville and stopped as always for dinner at Prince's Hot Chicken Shack. As we walked in I thought we were in luck, there was no line and we walked right up and ordered. Tyler and I split a Medium spice half chicken, Caroline had a Mild breast as did Joyce and Vallery got her breast unseasoned. As we located a table to sit and wait for our food to come out I recognized the family in line behind us. It was Todd and Shonda, the Chi Alpha pastors who had lived 2 doors down from my parents when I was in high school. I introduced them to Caroline and Abcde and chatted with them for a little while. Then Abcde wanted to run around so I escorted her up and down the sidewalk outside. We had lots of time to walk around because it seems there were many take out orders and we waited well over 1.5 hours for our order to come out. Abcde and I wandered next door to the Urban Apparel type of store and she spent some time dancing to the music.
The chicken was fantastic as always but the wait this year was a bit excessive. After packing in as much chicken as we could eat it was back to the car. We still had 2-3 hours until our overnight in Birmingham. We zipped on down the highway, only stopping to top off the tank. Just as we hit Birmingham 3 trucks zipped off the exit, straddled the lines of the highway and slowed down to 3 mph with their flashers on. I could not take this nonsense for long and did a Kenyan merge to the next off ramp. Pulling to the side of the road I confused the GPS until it found us another route to our hotel. After we pulled into the Embassy Suites Birmingham/Hoover I got us checked in, pulled out the Go-Bags for Vallery, Joyce, and Tyler, and Carloline and Abcde's suitcases. Our rooms were across the hall from each other and after ordering up a crib and a set of sheets for the fold out for Tyler we all crashed. It was nearly 2am.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb