Day 2 - Texas Road Trip - Nashville, TN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
June 26th 2010
Published: June 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Home of Andrew JacksonHome of Andrew JacksonHome of Andrew Jackson

Stephanie really wanted to see Andrew Jackson's home. The Hermitage (his estate) was on our way to Nashville.
Day 2

We got some much needed rest last night and then started out the day with breakfast at the hotel. We made a quick trip to Wal-Mart after check out and then started our trek to Nashville to visit Bryan and Liz. Well funny thing about the GPS…we checked it on our first night and it indicated that Nashville was about 2 hours away so we thought it would be an easy drive. Of course as we were driving today, Stephanie said “We only have 49 minutes left.” I was excited to think we had under an hour until I looked at the mileage and realized we still have 130 miles left to go. I know I drive fast, but how could we cover that many miles in less than hour. Then we realized that the GPS reports arrival time in the local time zone and Nashville is on central time. That means you gain an hour when driving west so it really took us about 3 hours to get to Nashville.

On the way we saw a sign for the Hermitage, home of Andrew Jackson and Stephanie wanted to make a visit. We were all set to tour the grounds until a thunderstorm cut out the power which meant that no tickets were being sold. We waited around for a little while and then decided just to drive around the grounds on our own.

We completed the rest of the ride to Bryan and Liz’s house and arrived by 3 p.m. They live in a beautiful neighborhood in a rancher that has been totally remodeled. It was really great to be able to spend some time catching up with Liz before Bryan arrived. The kids immediately became friends and had a great time playing.

Caroline

Today we are heading out of Nashville, Tennessee. We are staying at my dad’s friend’s Bryan and Liz and their 2 kids’ house. Their kids are young and we get to play with them! We are leaving at 12:15 p.m. so the GPS says we will get there at 1:58 p.m. The GPS actually kind of made a mistake. Well in Nashville TN they are an hour behind so it really meant 1:58p.m. In Nashville which for us it would be 2:58pm on the way down for about 10 minutes there was a storm. It was kind of scary but we kept on moving and it went by fast. When we got there we met Bryan, Liz, Ben and Rebecca. Rebecca was 5 and we hung out with her she loved us. She even said we were her best friends! Tonight for diner we had pork roast, vegetable, potatoes and squash and for dessert we had ice cream. What a fun day!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

Unfortunately there was a storm that rolled through and cut off the power. No tickets were being sold so we couldnt tour the estate. We managed to some a few highlights.


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb