Nashville


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
April 1st 2010
Published: April 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Nashville is quite a fun little city. It’s relatively small for a big city but there are a ton of fun things to do and see. This first thing I would suggest seeing is what the locals call Nash Vegas. It’s the heart and music center of the city and is lit up at night with lights and neon signs like a mini Vegas Strip. Located downtown on Broadway, Nash Vegas has bars and restaurants one right after the other that have great live music. You would be hard pressed not to find live music any night or day on Broadway. Along with the bars and restaurants are shops that carry typical souvenirs as well as several shops that sell cowboy boots. I would recommend spending part of a day walking up and down the boulevard shopping, eating lunch, going in and out of the bars and spending time by the river. Everything is in walking distance, which makes it easy to take your time and see everything at your own pace. One bar I would especially recommend is The Big Bang. It’s a bar with dueling pianos and if you’ve never been to one then it is a definite must see. You can request almost any song and the piano players will play it for you; and trust me it sounds amazing, even without the guitar or drums. The Big Bang has such a great atmosphere. The piano players joke around and it’s just great fun entertainment.
There are, of course, other great bars and restaurants just a short drive out of downtown. One such place is Patterson House. Modeled after an old time speak easy, Patterson House offers great and really unique drinks as well as good food. The drinks are on the pricier side but they are so unique and there is such a variety it’s worth it. Do go early because there is often a wait. This bar is not typical in that they do not allow any standing patrons. Therefore, if the bar is full you have to wait until someone leaves, so definitely go early.
If you’re into sports and happen to be in town during hockey season I would recommend seeing the Nashville Predators. They play at the Bridgestone Arena downtown. The arena is on the smaller side, which is nice because there isn’t really a bad seat in the house. I went on college night so the tickets were half price, but the regular price for these tickets wasn’t bad either. We sat about five rows back from the glass near one of the goals and the regular price for the tickets was only $30. I’m from L.A. so there’s no way you could get those seats at the Staple Center for that price. The only other hockey team I’ve seen play is of course the Kings, but I have to say the Predators game was so much more fun. They have great chants they sing every so often. They throw souvenirs into the crowd and the mascot and cheerleaders dance every now and then, as well. All of the entertainment really gets the crowd into the game and makes it that much more fun.
All in all Nashville is a very fun city with lots to see and do. So if you’re in Tennessee I would definitely recommend making the stop in Nashville.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



1st April 2010

I really enjoyed your Nashville post. I have always wanted to go there. My blog is looking for travel photos. If you have the time, email us some at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com and check us out at dirty-hipppies.blogspot.com. Continued fun on your travels, Eric

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb