Nashville - 'Music City'


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Nashville boot shopNashville boot shopNashville boot shop

$2000 boots sold here.
22nd May - Took the Greyhound on a five hour journey south to Nashville, everything is very busy as it's approaching memorial day, a bank holiday.Ended up having to share a taxi out to a KOA campsite, which was very nice and had a pool. The odd couple we shared a taxi with talked non stop throughout the journey giving us tips on Nashville and travelling in general, we were glad to get to the campsite!
23rd May - In the morning we heard there was a shuttle bus that would us Downtown, so off we went. Jerry the driver gave us a tour which included showing us the Gaylord hotel, the largest hotel in America without a casino, we visited that the following day, We also went past Opry Land, The Grand Ole Oprey, where they have the country music shows and then drove us around Downtown, showing us all the bars, where to eat, and where to catch live music. After a walk around town we went to a Honky Tonk to see some live music. The band were ok but they kept stopping between songs to have a whip round with the tip jar. After grabbing some beers we watched some country music at the campsite but sat far enough back that the tip jar didn't reach us.
24th May - The campsite were doing a sausage and pancake breakfast for $4, so crammed in plenty of that before walking to the Gaylord hotel for a look around. It is so big inside it has a botanic garden and a river where they give boat trips. Afterwards, we went back to the campsite and sat round the pool, there was more music on at the campsite in the evening.
26th - After spending the previous day by the campsite pool getting burnt by the sun, we spent Monday sheltering from the rain and the thunder and lightning. Decide to upgrade from our wee tent to one the on site cabins so that we could dry everything out ready for leaving the next day. We had our dinner at the Cock of the Walk restaurant and spent the evening drinking 20oz Miller High Life beers and playing cards - Steph won!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The General LeeThe General Lee
The General Lee

Cooters - Dukes of Hazzard museum
TV on ma RV!TV on ma RV!
TV on ma RV!

This guy watched TV every day he was here.
Our campsiteOur campsite
Our campsite

No TV here, just giant ants


10th June 2008

neh neh neh neh neh neh neh neh neh neh neh neh
Thats the Dukes o Hazard theme tune by the way. Diggin the rockin chair Steph....I'll write da feme tune...sing da feme tune...

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb