One More Night


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Knoxville
December 3rd 2008
Published: December 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up in time to say good-bye to Terrye before she went to work, because we might be gone before she gets home. Nancy took a pile of projects into the house again. Rich and Nancy enjoyed the rush and the noise of everyone getting off to work and to school. Then Rich drove out to the camper place to see how they were doing on the propane repairs. Nancy worked on blogs, bank work, letters, and hemming Rich’s pants. Phil called at 11:30 and said it was his office's usual burger day at the Copper Kettle and that they would be by to walk Duke and to pick Nancy up. Rich met us at the restaurant and Phil, Neal, Boone and the two of us had a great burger lunch. They dropped Nancy back at the house and she worked on more projects. Rich called and said that the camper place couldn’t find a valve that they needed for the propane. They finally thought of calling a camper dealership that sold our brand of camper, and LO! they had the part! They said they could overnight it and it would be there by tommorrow or the next day. What? Rich said, "How far is this place?" About 20 miles. He said he would drive over and get it and bring it back! He did that at about 2:00 and by 4:30, they were done! Imagine! They didn't charge anything for all the labor because they hadn't done it right the first time and we think they felt a little guilty keeping us from leaving on our trip while they figured out how to get a valve. Rich and our little house arrived in the driveway at Phil's just before 5:00. We didn't try to back it in or set it up, we just parked in the driveway with the truck hooked up and everything. We inconvenienced everyone else who wanted to park in the driveway or the garage, but like the great host and hostess that they are, they said it didn't make any difference at all. Thanks! So, everyone was back from school and work and we were still there! Janet was up for some dinner because she still wasn't feeling well. Kathy would have fixed her dinner, because she's been taking good care of her mom, but Jan said she wanted soup from the Olive Garden. She picked us up, since our truck is ready to go in the morning. Janet still can't talk, but is sounding a little better. Believe it or not, after EATING, we went SHOPPING! The K-Mart nearby is closing, so we went to find deals. Janet had a couple of things she wanted to find. She did. Nancy found some T-shirts to wear on the rest of the trip, as well as a cozy robe. Rich found two books. Janet and Kathy went in with us to give Terrye some baggage tags for her luggage for her trip to Chicago tomorrow. She was all packed. Janet and Kathy parted with us yet again, but with fewer tears this time. 😊 We gathered up our projects from the house and got things put away in the trailer. Daisy was so happy to have her home back!
We slept in our very own bed again, glad that the propane system is safe and that we're ready to go on the next part of our journey - headed back home!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0922s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb