Coming Home!


Advertisement
Published: June 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monday, June 9- On the way home!

We had to get on the 8:00 bus to the airport this morning. We figured we would be ok with time to kill- maybe we could find some good food and internet after checking in- WRONG! We couldn’t figure out where our check-in counter was so we headed upstairs where the shopping and food was. The little food court didn’t offer much for breakfast expect coffee so we had a “ham” and cheese panini. The only thing this time that was good about our meal was the Coke! We are really looking forward to eating American foods- pancakes would have been amazing for breakfast this morning. After waiting in the terminal for about an hour, Nicole went to find out where we were supposed to check-in. We were sent to another terminal that we had to take a shuttle to get to. This terminal is strictly a security terminal with flights only to the United States. Are they protecting themselves from us or us from them?

After making it into the new terminal, we breezed through check-in and found some better food. After waiting for a little while, we were off to the United States! The flight went pretty fast. We watched Definitely, Maybe, Horton Hears a Who, a couple episodes of House, and played some games. Pablo, one of the flight attendants, even brought us a glass of champagne at the beginning of the flight to help us celebrate the honeymoon. He brought us a couple cookies and an entire bottle of champagne later in the flight. He was our favorite guy on the whole plane! Flying into Newark in the day time was great because we got to see the New York skyline again- just during the day this time. Once we landed, we made it through Immigration and Customs smoothly. With a short layover, and enough time to grab some American food and call our parents, we were off to Knoxville. Nicole slept most of the flight back to Knoxville while Ryan read. Landing in Knoxville was great! Making it back to our place was even better!

We hope you all enjoyed our trip with us. I’m sure it would have been better to be there! Tomorrow will be a fun day full of heading to the DMV to get a new license (and name), the Social Security Administration, opening a joint checking account, and putting away everything from the wedding and honeymoon. It was great to relax but here come camps!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb