Knoxville


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Knoxville
January 31st 2008
Published: February 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tennessee TheatreTennessee TheatreTennessee Theatre

This was an amazing theater space. Hopefully will get inside pics soon.
We were in Knoxville, TN the last two nights.

Tuesday morning we hit the venue around 8. It was hard to find, and as we were looking, Kyle parked the big truck in front of a building that the GPS said was the destination. We came up behind him and there were several people asking him questions. Turns out it was the back of the courthouse. When we got there, the U.S. Marshall had Kyle’s license in his hand. Now, Kyle and Rachel were in the truck. And he as dark hair and dark eyes and a full, thick beard that several people refer to as Al Qaeda. And Rachel is of Indian descent. “I am a U.S. Marshall. You cannot park your truck here. This is a courthouse.” Over and over, that’s all he said. He was pretty ready to put them in jail. The rest of us found it quite funny.

The Tennessee Theatre, where we played, was quite possibly the most beautiful theater I’ve ever been in. Gorgeous house. The stage was large and farily newly redone, but the crew didn’t really have any idea what was going on. I ran the in on my own, at least for my stuff, and I was surprisingly awake The in went farily quickly, at least getting all my stuff set, then we still had to focus. Because the house console was not one on the rider, one gal had type in every cue, along with patching. So, while she was doing all this, I couldn’t focus. It was all a big miss. There was an hour or so when we weren’t sure she’d get them all into the board. Eventually she did, but not until almost the house was open, so we didn’t run any cues to check.

During the time when I couldn’t do anything, lots of people were sleeping and I was advancing shows. Making phone calls, troubleshooting, calling venues…

Really, everything that could go wrong, did. But in all fairness to all of us, it was really our first show- our first in in a new venue morning-of, and we were all exhausted. But, being as I was really high up, rather than at front of house, I got to see the show from a new perspective (literally) and took some fun pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Nkosi SikeleNkosi Sikele
Nkosi Sikele

The national anthem of South Africa- praying a blessing on the whole continent.
SingingSinging
Singing

Several of the children during Nkosi.


Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1857s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb