2010 A New Year


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Dickson
January 10th 2010
Published: January 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post


Anthony & Shasta Brown

The beginning of 2009 saw us leaving Tanzania and returning home to Tennessee to begin our life here once again. January 19th we landed in Nashville after another tour in TZ of over 2 years. We are happy for our time there and continue to pray for the work, the brethren, and the missionaries still there.

For the first couple of months we thought we might be going to India. But that road did not lead anywhere due to India's tightening of visa approval. Brother Jim Waldron had kindly asked us to go to the northeast section and visit a work there to see if we might want to relocate there. But it simply was not meant to be.

From there we set about to build in Hickman County once again. That meant making the plans to build our house. We built once before in 1998 and knew we could do it. But we are little older now and the heat and humidity of June - August in Tennessee was extremely taxing on us. Fortunately Joshua was able to be here most of that time and give us the help we needed in the strength department. He was able to pick up floor trusses and set them for us, do some of the high work, and basically go when we could not. We are so grateful that he was able to be here and help us.

It is now January 2010 and we are ever so close to getting the house finished. We are praying that by the end of the month we will get our occupancy permit!

As we said Joshua was here to help us on the house until August. From there his life changed as he was married to Miss Annie Meiners of Paducah, KY. She was a welcome addition to our family and we could not have asked for a sweeter and faithful young woman as a help meet for our son. They are living in Nashville as Joshua has been accepted into Pharmacy school at Lipscomb. He will start there in August of this year. Needless to say this has been a burden lifted off our minds. We are so thankful for this good and wonderful happening in his life.

As for Shasta and I we both began new jobs this summer also. Shasta works in tax for Rashford Kruse and Associates in Nashville. They are an entertainment financial management firm. Currently their big name client is country music singer Jason Aldean. She loves her job and really enjoys the people she works with.

I was able to be re-hired in the Hickman county school system as a special education teacher. I am working at East Hickman High teaching what we call Gateway Math.

Additionally, we placed membership with the brethren at Walnut Street church of Christ in Dickson, TN. It is a large congregation of about 850 members, but a very active and friendly congregation. We are getting to know more people all the time and have felt like a real part of the family since we became members there.

We would love to hear how you are. My blog provided us with so much information while we were in Tanzania, and now that we are back in the land of knowledge and communication we barely know what is going on in some of your lives.


Advertisement



14th January 2010

thanks
Thanks for writing. Enjoyed hearing your news. We are well. I hope Nancy is sending you our newsletters. If not, let me know. DS
23rd January 2010

hey browns
hi it sounds like you guys are doing allright. kenneth and i are doing pretty good. we both have had our birthday this month. we are going to have our 53rd anniversary the 26th of this month also. we love you people. come to portland when you have the time.see you polly

Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0909s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb