Day 10: Wild, Wildlife


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 10: 59 degrees and cloudy. We moved between Custer State Park and the Black Hills National Forest to do some wildlife viewing. We started with some prairie dogs, I spotted what I claim is a Golden Eagle but it could have been one of many raptors in the area, some red wing black birds, and a few other species of birds I am not familiar with. We caught some white tailed deer and prong horn deer, and of course...a herd of 200-300 bison. On the way home after dinner we spotted some moose but it was too dark to get decent pictures. However, the only viable proof I can present is the picture of two sets of eyes in the dark--see below.

We did run up to Rapid City to catch a movie, Inside Out, fantastic story. However, we did observe a few sights in Rapid City that make us think they may need a geography lesson in South Dakota; see the Boston Pizza with the Statue of Liberty out front pic below.

Tomorrow, we hope to catch few more pics of the wildlife as we leave the area on our way to Colorado.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb