Living the New Among the Familiar


Advertisement
Published: March 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The sightings could not be predicted; now and then you would hear the familiar noise that the Atlantic bottlenose dolphins make to clear water from the breathing hole and then soon after, one or several of them would try to corner their quarry against the river banks making quite a racket with their tails and fins. On this cold and windy morning, Elizabeth and I had biked to the isolated western-... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

BabalooBabaloo
Babaloo

Friendly pet (at times)



6th March 2009

great pics
Luis... que buenas fotos de atardeceres. Te mande otro email preguntandote como las tomaste, a ver si aprendo un poquito mas.
6th March 2009

great pics
Danny y Lore, Gracias por el comentario... ¡No muy a menudo los recibo en español! Voy a contestar el correo electrónico con un poco más de detalle, pero realmente no hay ningún secreto aparte de dedicación y mucha paciencia... En esta vacación, me dediqué a capturar amaneceres y atardeceres (y no todos los dias fueron ideales)....
16th October 2010
Beach Walk & Sunrise

VERY nice
Astonishing shot. The sun looks surreal!
21st November 2010
Seagull Sunrise

nice contrast
Very nice contrasting yellows and blues...
1st January 2011

What a tree!
Great photos Eric. Hope the tree survives the virus that is High density development. There once was a massive great oak where I lived in Austin Texas called Treaty Oak which looked to be about the size and age of this angel oak. It survived the encircling development of the urban enviroment but it didn't survive a deluded individual who fancied himself a self appointed druid. He poisoned this beautiful tree in an attempt to cast a love spell on some woman he knew. The city of Austin and tens of thousands of dollars of arborists efforts were able to keep about a third of the tree alive, but it will never be what it once was.
1st January 2011

Ancient Trees & High-Density Development
Leo, What a shame! Yes, we humans tend to be such poor stewards of the other defenseless living creatures that share our planet. Our technology can do very good things but we often let our ignorance be the driver and the same technology can do so much harm. I wonder how this "druid" poisoned the Austin tree.

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb