Chrismas on the Island


Advertisement
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast was an event. Poppop made an entire box of pancakes and during the hour he cooked them George and Georgia kept eating them fresh out of the pan. There was also maple turkey sausage links, a pound or 2 of bacon, and 7 potatoes worth of home fries. We ate really well. Before the meal Poppop read the Christmas story out of the book of Luke and after breakfast tried to show the kids a movie called The First Christmas, which supposedly had funny moments to go with the never ending singing. I was not upset when it was decided to go to the beach after 20 minutes with 2/3s of the movie remaining.
We beached for a little while and then swam in the outdoor pool spitting distance from the waves. Just after noon Gamma went back to the room to start lunch, and Wife took Abcde back to try and let her get a nap. The rest of us got some hot tub time and when we got back I showered Abcde and then did the same for myself. Wife dressed Abcde like a baby Santa and I told George that baby Santa left presents in her diaper. Lunch was ready and we continued eating repurposed leftovers. Turkey, egg noodles, dressing, salad, mashed potatoes and gravy. Full tummies led to naps and George, Georgia, Abcde and Wife were all down for the count as Gamma and Poppop went for a bike ride and Erin and Jay wandered the beach. I stayed at the room to watch the Chicago vs OK Thunder game and nominally watch out for the Georges.
Erin and Jay's return coincided with Poppop and Gamma's as they had met up to have chestnuts freshly roasted at the activity center. The nuts were strangely meaty but not bad. Chicago beat OKC and then the Cavs/ Warriors game started. We traipsed out for smores and one final swim/hot tub soaking and then back to the room to try to pack some stuff into the cars. With some stuff packed up and the bikes returned we went back to work clearing the fridge. We had boneless honey BBQ wings from last Saturday, meatballs that had been planned but not yet prepared, more stuffing left from lunch along with the noodles and another big salad. By this time the Cavs had lost to Golden State and the Rockets Spurs game was on. At halftime we ate the razzleberry pie Jay had gotten and it was great with a scoop of icecream. Then time for bed. Tomorrow would come early.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb