yabe backwards is ebay


Advertisement
Published: April 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

i had just signed up for ebay/paypal yesterday, and i bid on my first item - which will remain nameless because it's a toy and it's embarassing that i'm twenty and i still buy toys. anyway...i was never really an ebayer, but now i think i'll be obsessed with it in the near future (yeah, it's gonna happen - i just won two items). getting anything you want/rare items for cheaper prices?...sounds like a deal to me! ebay fascinates me. you can sell your personal items to people all around the world by just advertising it on the internet. you can sell cars, toys, video games, movies, clothes, everything! all the electronic-ness that goes on to bid on items, to close the auctions, to maintain the time availability of items, to confirm whether you have won the item or not, to send money, to be notified your item sold so you can ship it...there's so much going on at one time. then there is paypal, which you use to pay for items. you put in your credit card number into a secure server with your own personal account, and when you win, you just click a couple buttons and you're payment is sent. i've been on ebay a lot the past two days...won two items already. i think it may become a habit...that's dangerous. nah, i know how to manage my spending - or i just tell myself that. it's a little bit sad that we can online shop all the time now - especially when it is this easy. it makes things so much less personal. there is no human interaction. no socializing. there is a bit more hassle with having to return items, though. you can't just go back to the store and exhange the item for another one. you have to send the item back and be refunded your money. chances are the seller doesn't have multiple items to send. however, there is the 'feedback' option on ebay, so you can see who your buyers and sellers are...the people i bought my items from have over 150 reviews and they are 100% positive. i figure my chances of being happy with these sellers is pretty good. i can't wait until i receive my items! they're being shipped home, so hopefully when i go home for break they will be there waiting for me. time to see what else i can bid on! later, folks!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb