American Culture


Advertisement
Published: January 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ive been thinking about all the different immigrants we have talked about this week and i can definitly relate it to today. i think of myself and everything i do as American. however, whenever people talk about what nationality they are, no one ever says "American." its usually Irish, Italian, Hispanic, German, Chinese and a lot of others. even food: when most people think of American food, they think of a cheeseburger and fries. i know hardly anyone eats this every night for dinner. many families cook something their parents have made that probably originated from the same country they did. and it is extremely common we order Chinese food or pizza when we are in a rush. as we saw today in the powerpoint slides, there were quotas of people coming here from all different countries. millions of immigrants from all around the world populated early american cities. everything in this country we consider America is really made up of small influences from many other countries. many popular car companies that Americans do business with do not even produce their cars in America. most sports teams that play in professional American leagues have star players from outside the United States. it is really important to out diverse American culture that we continue to allow immigrants into our country. while we do need a quota system to regulate the amount of people coming into the country, we must let them in so our culture, that has its origins all around the world, continues.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb