Pittsburgh and the Steeler Game

United States' flag
North America » United States » Pennsylvania » Pittsburgh
September 30th 2016
Published: October 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

We made it to the RV park which was about 50 miles from Pittsburgh near New Stanton. Bonnie got all packed and I took her to the airport on Saturday to fly back to Boise. She is going to see the doctor and get her knees fixed. I went to the Wyndham Downtown hotel in Pittsburgh to wait for Tad's arrival on Saturday night. I had an awesome view out the window of our room of Heinz Stadium and the bridges over the rivers. Got to watch fireworks at the stadium later Saturday night as there was a college game being played.

Sunday we went down to the Strip Area for breakfast and some Steeler shopping. We were going to have breakfast at "Pamela's Diner" but the line was huge so we did some shopping for Steeler attire and terrible towels. It is a really neat old part of the city and it was filled with tourists and lots of Steeler fans. We found a place to eat that had sidewalk tables, great food and music playing across the street. Got to listen to great music and do lots of people watching while having our breakfast. We then took a Uber back to the hotel to watch the Seahawk game. Watched the first half in our room and then went down to the lounge watch the second half. Found a lady at the bar from Seattle in her Seahawk jersey.

We then took the subway to the stadium and stood in line for about 1/2 hour in the pouring rain. I had a rain poncho but Tad did not. Thank goodness for the trees along the sidewalk that kept some of the rain off us. We got in and saw the players warming up. Had great seats, 12 rows up on the 30 yard line. The game was fantastic with a great score, Steelers 43 Chiefs 14. We had several more down pours during the game but it wasn't cold and Tad said the rain just made it more memorable! It was a very special experience to share with my son and super great to see him after seven months. We took the subway back after the game with the massive crowd trying to get on the trains which was an experience in itself. It was like a wave of humanity and you just had to swim a long with it.

Took Tad to the airport on Monday and then I was on my own. Stayed a couple of days at the RV park and then headed out to West Virginia for 2 nights and then Kentucky for 2 nights before going on to Nashville,

Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0086s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb