Pittsburgh


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Pennsylvania » Pittsburgh
December 5th 2007
Published: December 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

My visit to Pittsburgh was really just a go between beacuse the journey from Washington to Chicago was a very long one. I was also trying to coincide my arrival in Chicago with uncle David's. In the end it turned out to be a bit of a mistake.

My hotel was quite nice. It was the first place I'd stayed in that had a gym on site and an indoor pool. I made good use of the gym, spending 2-3 hours in there a day (there wasn't much else to do). It was a comparatively cheap hotel for the standard because it was situated quite far from the downtown area. I had to walk a mile or so to get to the bus stop and then a 15 minute ride. I may as well say this now. Pittsburgh is a relatively small and very, very dull place! There's not much to do really. The main attraction is probably the Heinz Ketchup factory which ,enthralling as it sounded, I decided to give a miss. Most of my time there was spent walking (of which I did a lot) around the city trying to find anything of interest to see or do. The only thing I did that was worth it was going up Mt. Washington in the cable car there. The views of the city from the top are really good.

On my final day I dropped my bag of at the station (my train didn't leave until midnight) and walked about 3-4 miles to the cinema in the suburbs. I ended up watching two films back to back just to kill some time, and then walked all the way back to the station and caught the train just after 12am.

In conclusion, if you ever find yourself anywhere near Pittsburgh turn around and run in the opposite direction as fast as possible. It will save you from a slow and painful death.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Heinz FactoryHeinz Factory
Heinz Factory

the best Pittsburgh has to offer unfotunately
Heinz FieldHeinz Field
Heinz Field

home of the Pittsburgh Steelers (American Football)


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb