Philadelphia


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Penns LandingPenns LandingPenns Landing

Ben Franklin Bridge in the background
We took the Greyhound bus from Manhatten to Philadelphia which took us under the Hudson river via the Lincoln tunnel. On the otherside we had great views of the Manhatten sky line as we said goodbye to new York. Two hours later we were in the centre of Philadephia and took a taxi to our hotel. Two Queen size beds and cable TV! We had dinner at Dave and Busters a typical American restaurant and then went back to the hotel. In the morning we stocked up on the free breakfast which included waffles that you made yourself. Then we headed into the historic old town and visited the Fire museum, the oldest residential street in the USA and then headed to the Liberty Bell centre. There was lots to see in this area with the buildings where the declaration of independance and constitution were signed as well as the Bell itself. For lunch we went to the bustling Reading Terminal Market where Richard had a Philly Cheese Steak, a sandwich of shredded beef with melted cheese. Yum. Steph went for a healthy salad.
We had a walk around the town centre including the Love square. After a rest at the hotel, we went down to South Street where all the bars are and had a couple of drinks in an Irish bar and a biker bar which sold carry outs so we went back to the hotel and watched cable.
On Wednesday after another large breakfast we took the Phlash bus to the museum of art where Rocky ran up the steps during the film. Inside we saw loads of famous artists work including Monet, Rodin, Pollock, Picasso, Warhol and Van Gogh's Sunflowers. Bit of an art overdose so we walked down the main boulevard and sat by a fountain and had another Cheese Steak. We had another cheap night in watching the latest episodes of some of our favourite American shows. The next day we took another greyhound to Washington DC. More on that later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Rodin MuseumRodin Museum
Rodin Museum

The Thinker
The ThinkersThe Thinkers
The Thinkers

When's the next Philly Cheese Steak?
Dylan in the hotelDylan in the hotel
Dylan in the hotel

Look at the mess he made!
South StreetSouth Street
South Street

Keep on walking
Ricky BalboaRicky Balboa
Ricky Balboa

Aaaadriiieeeennnnn


13th May 2008

DYLAN FAN CLUB
Great to see you Dylan - hope your having a wild and wonderful time - behave yourself. Love from The Boltons x

Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb