Day 7-Philadelphia, PA


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Early morning i was very excited to take the train to Philadelphia because i used to enjoy the free first class long distance train trips in India because of my father who worked for central railways. Philadelphia was a metro city with skyscrapers and busy life. So we were no more in country side but a crowded metropolitan city.



We went to Reading Terminal Market for lunch and enjoyed the trip to the city Hall. We were fortunate to be taken to the top where the statue of William Penn is because it gives a view of the entire city. Philadelphia City Hall is the house of government for the city of Philadelphia, in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. At 548 ft (167 m), including the statue of city founder William Penn atop it, it was the tallest habitable building in the world from 1901 to 1908.





As we were exploring the city center, we stopped by Comcast Center which is a skyscraper in Center City, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. The 58-story, 297-meter (974 ft) tower is the tallest building in Philadelphia and the eighteenth tallest building in the United States.





Buildings like this re-iterate the fact that when it comes to technology and economy, US still has a firm grip on world economy


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0793s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb