Lancaster and Paradise - Pennsylvania


Advertisement
Published: July 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

July 5, 2013

Today in Pennsylvania we went to Lancaster, and Paradise. In Lancaster we were going to go to the quilt museum but were told at the information center that it had closed. There was a farmers market there though so we looked around a bit and had a wonderful lemon bar from an Amish bakery. It was very crowded in Lancaster, lots of people and lots of traffic. There was a nice parking garage though and the price was good at 2.00. We decided to go see the Lancaster County History Museum on President Ave (Landcasterhistory.org) because we were told that this museum that now held all the quilts from the other museum that closed. As it turned out they did not have them displayed. So we went anyway to see that museum. Next door to it was President Buchanan’s house, also called Wheatland. We just took a picture of the outside of this one.

Paradise was really nice too. We went to see the National Christmas Center. This place was so neat and I’m so glad we went. It’s all about Christmas….how it’s celebrated in other countries, and many displays such as the items sold at Woolworths and a lot of other really fabulous displays such as a giant train room and the crèche room and many rooms which told of Mary and Joseph’s journey.

For lunch/dinner we had Reuben’s at Jenney’s Diner and it sure was good. Tonight we stayed at the Best Western in Lewisburg. This hotel is huge with two pools, one inside and one outside. There is a charming shopping complex right next to the hotel that has many really nice shops and a restaurant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb