Investigating the clothes clothes collection parts


Advertisement
Published: November 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

18th of november: We visited Planet Aid's clothes collection warehouse, where we got to know what happens with the collected pieces, from when they come in from the collectors until they go out the warehouse. We tried out ourselves by sorting Toys from shoes and clothes.

19th of november: We accompanied an action where the containers in town, got "updated" and checked if they are in good conditions and have all information written on and if the locks where the supposed ones. If something was missing, the information missing (like phone number, company code.. ) where added and locks if nessasary changed. It was a nice action to see some of the neighborhoods in Philadelphia, which show a big contrast very close to one another.

20th of november: Two of us did kind of the same as yesterday and could see downtown and South Philly, Urska joined one driver to set up new containers and got the chance to see an amish community.

21st of november: Today we went to another warehouse to pick up some clothes. We had a nice lunch together with our three hosts and in the evening we went out to a chinese restaurant, where we had Claudia's Birthday dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb