Camp Timber Tops 2011


Advertisement
Published: September 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

2nd Time Camp Counsellor

Camp is 2 months. 1st session and 2nd session. Some kids come for one session, most come for both!


Camp is still the best thing I have ever done. It has and continues to open my eyes to so much more. Being a camp counsellor is such a rewarding job, you spend all day at your activity with the kids coming and going, then you go back to your bunk with your kids and get ready for the evening, then we have evening program which is always so much fun! Then we go to bed and get up and do it all again!

Some of the activities include; Lake, pool, archery, fitness, jogging, athletics, dance, drama, glee club, yoga, arts and crafts, gymnastics, tennis, cooking, outdoor rec, media and sooo much more!

Although there is so much more, we have really cool things like colour war days, first session its called Olympic's and lasts for 2 days - CTT is split into 4 teams red,blue,yellow and green, during Olympic's the theme is countries and something to represent each one. Last year it was sports from around the world, this year it was ancient undergrounds. Second session is called Pioneer Days and lasts for 3 days - CTT is again split into 4 teams red,blue,yellow and green, during Pioneer Day's the theme can be anything that is why Pioneer is so fun! Last year the theme was Fashion, this year the theme was Timber Tops Great Circus!! For both Olympics and Pioneer Days captains are chosen, each team has a 6th grade captain, a 10th grade captain(2 for Pioneer) and a counsellor captain! Noone but head staff know when these days are going to happen, but we have something called break out this is when the opening ceremony starts, it can be whenever and it is very very exciting!

So now that you know whats going on let me tell you about my summer!

After 5 flights and 2 days of travelling I finally walked up the long windy driveway to my summer home. I felt so happy straight away, and started hugging people left right and centre because it had been a year since we had last all been at CTT. Counsellor camp went by pretty fast and before I knew it the day had arrived when we found out our bunk and who our co-counsellors were going to be. They lined us up in alphabetical ordered and they were going to give us a piece of paper with a clue as to who our co was. So we all waited anxiously for our paper, before I even had a chance to really look at mine I was getting tackled by my soon to be co.. Alana! We were sooo happy!! And I found out I once again would be with the high seniors, CAs, 10th grade in bunk Walnut! That was an epic day for me! We then had to wait another few days until the girls arrived, that was a long wait!! As we waited I made some really close friendships with Jess, Ailsa, Elly and Kate. Some were my friends from last year but we got to know each other more this year!
Very good friends that I will have for life.

The Walnut girls arrived!!! I remembered them all from last year as soon as I saw them! And I knew they were going to be an amazing group to have! The summer started off great and I got to know the girls straight away and we had so much fun! One good thing about our bunk was that we had all the disabled facilities.. so huge shower and toilet!!😊
I would work at the lake all day getting a nice tan and my Walnut girls would come down and hang with me for lots of classes! I loved being at the lake, it was so refreshing and great to be working outside!

There are so many great memories I have from this summer but I'm just going to name a few; Pioneer Days was one of the best break outs anyone had seen we had a full on circus, and then to top it off I got named captain of the Blue Daredevils.. what a priveledge for me and a moment I will never forget! Going to Montreal Trip with my girls, going jetboating, going bobsledding, Another is the amazing friends I made and the days off we had Jersey Shore, NYC, Cedars camping! Nights out at Casino, hanging with the boys from Owego, Lake day, my 21st birthday and so many more!

I feel like I was the counsellor I wanted to be this year and I can not wait for Camp 2012!!

Advertisement



5th September 2011

Living your dreams !!!
Hi coco, I have just read your blog and it sounds so exciting that i can't wait for the next installment. I would love to hear more about your travels on your days off and where you are heading to next. I think you are very brave to be travelling on your own at such a young age and i am sure the campers have learnt so much from you.... Thankyou for your story and keep blogging.

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb