Our Family Vacation


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

For the past 12 days my family and I were away on our annual camping trip. Each year we pilgrammage to a Christian camp to enjoy fellowship with family and friends we have known for years as well as those we meet for the first time. Many of the attendees are from Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, Washington, DC, PA (of course), and all over the United States.

During our encampment, there are morning and evening church services and a host of seminars that are power packed. During the week there are about 3,000 people on the campgroup and on the weekend the amount of people is unbelievable, I'd estimate about 10,000 people attend the church service. The Governor attended the church services as well as the Mayor of Philadelphia.

Pictured is the cabin we stayed in during our time there. Many of the campers stay in tents and some drive up in their RV's. This year did it ever rain. Fortunately the camp ground did not flood, but it sure was muddy. This did not put a damper on our wonderful experience and we are already looking forward to next years camping trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb