Lake Nockamixon


Advertisement
Published: February 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up to another warm day today, so Andrew and me decided to go kayaking and geocaching. It was a beautiful day (until it started to rain that is). We were able to find 2 caches around Lake Nockamixon. After we found the second cache there was a light rain, which soon stopped, so we continued on. We encountered some ice near the shore (see pictures and videos). As we got closer to the 3 cache the wind and rain really picked up. Beyond the Bridge there was a sheet of ice, I'm sure only 1/4" thick like the rest, but we didn't want to fight thru the ice and rain and wind so we turned around. As we got closer to the car wind was at our backs and the rain slowed then stopped. As we rounded the corner by the dam the wind started again but it was warm air so it warmed us. Once we got back we ate lunch in the car and a park ranger drove up and asked to see our launch permits. I told him I didn't have launch permits and was permited to get them next time I go out. All in all it was a great day, the rain put a damper on it but any day I can Kayak in Feburary is a great day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb