Altoona, P. A


Advertisement
Published: August 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

pitstop onPA/WV borderpitstop onPA/WV borderpitstop onPA/WV border

This store reminded me so much of the stores back home. I thought of come home year and all the friends and family who were now there. If i couldn't be where I am now, there would be my next choice. Hard not to be a little sad & nostalgic. Xoxo to all of you there!

We are in the lovely town of Altoona, P.A. The blog does not seem able to find it! It is about 150 kms east of Pittsburgh, or midway, as the crow flies, between Pittsburgh & Harrisburg. We have planned a few days of easy riding to finish up our trip. Must apologize for the panoramic shots, I am still on a learning curve with my tablet! Ditto for all the typos.



Riding thru W. V. has been amazing. I could never have imagined that state being so spectacularly beautiful and breathtaking. Lovely valley roads encircled by blue, cloud crested mountains, winding and twisting their way through Maryland and into Pennsylvania. These are the Blue Ridge Mountains, part of the Appalachians. Apparently the blue color which becomes apparent when viewing them from afar is caused by somthing (gas?) which is emitted by the trees. It is easy to wax whimsical about these trails!

I remember the windy, lonely mountaintops of PA from our last trip,although that was on the eastern side of the range. When riding those highways and all you see are the mountains and pastoral patchwork of farmlands, it really is easy to forget there is a chaotic, overpopulated world out there and there is someone other than you and your hubby riding free. I want another month of this!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

No helmet laws in PANo helmet laws in PA
No helmet laws in PA

Off to the liquors store. ...PA makes Stan very nervous! 2 miles to the nearest beer store! What's up with that? Oh yeah, it's PA!


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb