Getting Ready to Go


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma » Tulsa
July 4th 2007
Published: July 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This all started in 2003 with a casual comment made at my dinner table by mentor and friend, Jim S, "Janet, you should go to the Orff Institute." I hadn't even thought about it before, and certainly didn't consider that I might get to go someday. I glanced at Lisa across the table and her eyes lit up. We've been planning for it every since then.

Thanks to Fund for Teachers (http://www.fundforteachers.org) for making it all happen. They have given us an opportunity of a lifetime to go and experience Orff at the Mozarteum, the place where Gunild Keetman herself co-founded the Orff Institute. We're looking forward to rich and rewarding musical experiences in Orff process. We also expect to be challenged, but we hope that we don't have homework! This will give us the opportunities to bring so much back to Tulsa Orff teachers and of course, the children.

All of the arrangements have been made. We've registered for our classes at the Institute, arranged for accommodations at the University residence hall, Europa Kolleg, and we've got the airlines tickets. We've purchased a Eurail pass so that we can ride the train, and see a few of the cities that are near to Salzburg. We'll be going to Munich, Vienna, and Bratislava. We can hardly believe it.

We leave on Thursday, July 12 from Tulsa, around noon, and will fly into Dallas, Texas. From there we have a nine and a half hour flight directly to Frankfurt, Germany. Then we will fly into Salzburg, and arrive on Friday, July 13 in the morning. We'll have the rest of Friday and Saturday to relax and get ready for the start of the course on Sunday, July 15.

More later.......Janet and Lisa





Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb