HOME SWEET HOME IN "GOD BLESS THE USA"


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma » Tulsa
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Team is back nested in the familiar with sweet thoughts of the past 3 weeks. As the days unfold and we have had time to process all we experienced, the impact of our trip is taking hold. Son & Mom will never be the same. We will attempt to share the major observations from the trip, leaving the most intimate thoughts just between The Team.

* As much as the liberal news media would want the world to believe, the God Bless the USA is truly blessed by God and is a phenomenal place to live. Citizens in the US have the option to live the Simple Life as in the countryside in Romania BUT US citizens also have access within a few miles to the best the world has to offer. The Team is proud to be Americans.

* We could do without a lot of what we have

* Freedom is good

* Most people are the same no matter where they live--wanting the best for themselves and for their families. A smile is universal--the laugh of children was the same everywhere we went.

* Those men's flip flops are a North American thing! Cross the Ocean, and they grow bells on them.

* A trip to Italy (at least the north part where The Team visited) is a must for everyone.

* Toilet seats aren't something one should take for granted! Charmin is another US Blessing! Brown toilet paper? Light switches are in strange places. Turning on water facets sometimes requires you to dance to get water out. Everyday conveniences aren't universal.

* ATM machines ARE universal!

* Major observation: The order of US driving is admirable. There is much to be said about the security of 2 lines of cars driving on 2 lanes of highway. Insecurity is driving (and riding) when one is on a 2-lane highway with 3 lines of cars--anything goes. The Team could write a book on autos, bicycles, and motorcycles in Italy and Romania.

* Brother/Uncle Doug is a great host. He should be a tour guide on the side--or write a book.

* The Team loves their beds

* Spending 20 days straight with one's Son or Mom is a learning experience: Son is a powerful man who "watched out" for his Mom. Mom will always be a mom--who dearly loves her 6'2" baby boy. Lifetime, life-changing memories have been made.

* Moms, Just Do It!

This concludes our Travel Blog. Thanks for the support comments and e-mails sent from family and friends. There have been an incredible 2,031 reads.
God Bless the USA!

Back to The Real Life,
The Son & Mom Bonding Excursion Team






Advertisement



28th June 2007

Thanks for sharing
Welcome home! We enjoyed reading about your adventures. Personally, it encouraged me to go ahead and plan the London trip to Italy. See you soon.

Tot: 0.452s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb