Bartlesville, OK


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma » Bartlesville
November 1st 2004
Published: November 1st 2004
Edit Blog Post

Bartlesville, OK
We stopped at Monte Casino School in Tulsa. Gail’s new library is beautiful - neat sculptures, a huge collection; it’s not quite finished yet.
We headed off to Bartlesville to see Bob’s friend Stephanie and also the Frank Lloyd Wright High Rise. We got here a bit early and visited a soap shop and a candle shop.
In the morning we did go to the High Rise, but it was Monday, and it was closed; but we happened to run into the chef at the restaurant. He was kind enough to take us on a little tour of the Wright High Rise.
Finally met up with Stephanie and decided to go out for a nice dinner. Stephanie and Bob enjoyed catching up and reminiscing.

November 2, Tuesday
Bartlesville, OK,

Breakfast with Stephanie, then on to the jewelry shop for Bob's knife. Bob found a gentleman, who was a jeweler and he put several stones in his retirement gift, red white and blue.
Today we drove, “Bob roads,” to the Missouri High Point of Tomsauk Mountain State Park. The road was a dirt road but the walk was an easy one.
We also visited Johnson Shut-in State Park, which had a rapid stream with a lot of boulders- very pretty, although the weather was rainy and dreary.
Our last stop was a place called Elephant Rocks, which has huge granite boulders. This quarry is where the granite was removed and used for roads, tombstones, and whatever.
We stayed in St. Louis, Missouri, where we found a great little RV site that was right in downtown,



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb