CC w/ Chris Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Vermilion
September 2nd 2014
Published: September 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We had originally planned on leaving at 5:30 am so that we could visit the Rutherford B. Hayes museum in Fremont, Ohio on the first day. As I was packing, I discovered that I was missing a prescription medication. Being labor day weekend, I wasn't able to get it called in to the pharmacy until Tuesday morning, so instead of leaving at 5:30, we didn't leave until 11:17.



This actually worked out in our favor. Not having to rush to get to the Rutherford B. Hayes museum before it closed made the first day much more relaxed and enjoyable.



On previous trips, I always made reservations a day ahead, which meant that I had to know how far I would travel the following day. We decided that on the first night, we would find a room right before we were ready to stop driving. We discovered that trying to book a room at night, in the car, using a smart phone is a pain in the ass, and will pre book for the remainder of the trip.



Other than a sudden torrential downpour where it was not only impossible to see, but so bad that even the radar for the cruise control stopped working, the trip was pretty uneventful.



As you would imagine, there is a world of difference between traveling in a luxury car and riding a motorcycle. The car is obviously easier (especially when Chis is driving and I am napping), but on the bike you have a greater sense of being part of the environment. In a car you are just a passive observer.



We arrived at the motel in Vermilion, Ohio, around 9:30 after riding 500 miles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb