2014 Greece and the Aegean Islands Getting Ready


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Toledo
May 30th 2014
Published: May 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Getting ready for a trip is always a joy and a trauma. We knew we wanted to go via Trafalgar, we have been on 6 tours with them and they are always GREAT. I found out that I could save 10% by being a Costco member. That's right Trafalgar will give you 10% right off the top. Then as a previous traveler we got an additional 10% PLUS the tour was on sale. So we had no choice but to go, right?

Air flights are always tough overseas. I checked for days and could not get a reasonable fare. Finally I saw flights on Air Canada direct through Toronto for the lowest fare anywhere so BOOM booked and ready to go.

Another great idea was to use Trivago. We are staying a few EXTRA days in Athens so we needed a hotel for after the tour. Severaal years we stayed at a hotel called Hotel Titania. It was BEAUTIFUL and very convenient to the train system and walking distance to the Plaka, the market. I checked several hotel agents and they all were priced well over 125 Euros, nearly 4150 a night. Trivago got us the SAME hotel WITH BREAKFAST for $270 for THREE NIGHTS! Another deal and we were off.



So with a little planning and a great deal of luck I was able to book the entire 2 weeks at a reasonable cost. So if you want to go to europe or anyplace for that matter, there are bargains out there you just have to find them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb