Rain, Reggae, Water and Waffles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Cincinnati
June 11th 2010
Published: June 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We woke yesterday with the hope that the sun would shine so we could have a wander round Cincinnati, but it rained. When it rains here it tends to be in short heavy bursts with breaks in between, and that's exactly what it did when we began our afternoon out, we had a great lunch at an Italian restaurant called Brio's but while we were walking over the 'purple people bridge' back to the car it tipped it down and we got soaked! We therefore went back to Adventure Lane to dry off and on our journey back Zig showed us a few of the sights.

When Ali got home from work the weather had cleared up so we went 'down town' to check out some free Reggae music in Fountain Square (Rob likes reggae). Before the music started we had a wander around and sniffed out a micro brewery that served beer... Rob LOVES beer! After a couple of very nice beers we sat in the square and listened to 'The Ohms' who were really good. They played a few songs that Rob sang along to while Karen and Ali rolled their eyes in amusement!

This morning was glorious so we went to Boomerang Bay (a waterpark) to keep cool. It was great fun. Rob risked some of the more traumatic slides and it has to be said that he really enjoyed them! It took Karen some persuading to go on one slide which was probably the most tame, but that's because Zig had said it was scary... It wasn't!! One of the best slides was the four person river raft.

On the way home we went for lunch at the Waffle House, Karen was in her element. Waffles with chocolate and pecans! Actually, Zig seemed to enjoy it the most and he goes often. This evening we had a BBQ, we had to clean said BBQ first because it was its first use this year, Zig put the mozzi candles out and we got sprayed up with repellent and then went in to 'man mode' - Rob was in charge of cooking the meat.

Tomorrow is going to be 'interesting' as we are going to try hard and not laugh at the Creationist Museum! Rob will have to behave! More on that later! Until then take care and lots of love. R&K x


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1909s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb