Home Sweet Home!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Cincinnati
July 1st 2009
Published: July 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a quick breakfast of coffee and muffins in Montreal, we were back in the camper bus and heading for home! Tony and I tried talking the girls into camping one more night on Lake Erie because the weather was so nice. We weren't ready to get back to reality yet, but the girls couldn't wait to get back home. After driving 15 hours from Montreal to Fairfield, we were so relieved to finally be back home. Looking back, the trip went by so quickly! We wish that we would have had a few more days and a lot more sun!

On our drive home, Tony and I compiled a list of top five necessities on the trip:1. Garmin - our gps system - was able to find the most remote camping sites 2. cast iron skillet - that made the most delicious camp fire pizza 3. two digital cameras - Tony and I were always competing to get the best shots of the girls 4. Patagonia backpack - it carried everything from water to rain coats to snacks and last, but not least - 5. the camper bus that took us on another amazing journey! We also compiled a list of honorable mentions as well: Jet Boil that made strong coffee for us every morning, duct tape to keep our gas tank dry until Tony could order a new gas cap, DS games to keep the girls busy in the back of the bus, Tony's french speaking skills so that he could order a breakfast sandwich at McDs (the woman asked him in English "Do you want a #2?") and finally - our rain gear that kept us as dry as possible in all of that rain!

The girls said that their favorite spot on our trip was Bar Harbor and that they really enjoyed all of the hiking and camping as well. When we asked which road trip was their favorite, they both agreed that out West was still their favorite. How can Maine compete with horseback riding and llama hiking? We are in the process of planning our next big road trip. We're thinking Wahington D.C., but we'll keep you posted. Until we blog again, The Dunns.

Fun Facts:Tony and I found all of the license plates with the exception of IDAHO. What's funny is that Tony and I are still looking for it even since we've been back home. We're still obsessed!
.
We used 169.5 gallons of gas which cost us $468.34. ( A lot cheaper than last year!) The average gas price was $2.67.

We drove a total of 2,666 miles and averaged 15.73 miles per gallon.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb